Oct 20, 2014

Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say goodnight 'til it be tomorrow.

The wind's been knocked out of me. The old crone chuckles, saying she told me so. You'll be back my dear, and you'll be needing my medicine. I swear I thought it was something special. I swear I fell right into love. The old crone told me to chill. Not to call. Not to take leaps of faith. I wanted to spend every minute with you, cuddling, kissing, coddling, making love, making plans. I will never understand why you didn't call, why you left without saying goodbye. I know I will try to rack my brains to figure out what I did wrong. I know I will tell myself to keep loving you, because there's a chance that we meet when you come back. I know I will blame myself in the end, and wait, hope, its just 2 months more. But the crone tells me that my heart will break again. She tells me to move on, bury myself in a book, channel my emotions into something concrete. I want to sing about love like the little mermaid, give up everything and be a fool, go far away, just to be abandoned. I want to be tender, you softened me, but I have have to harden myself, says the crone. Tough times.

No comments: